I hardly ever watch any TV and maybe that’s because when I do get into a show I really get into it.
So maybe you have heard of the new series on Netflix called “Making a Murderer”. It’s kind of like a glorified 48 hours Investigates. I heard that if you liked the first season of the Serial podcast you will like this, and so I started it and finished all 10 episodes over the past 4 days. I don’t even know how to get the show out of my head now. I’m sure with all the surrounding hype I can’t be the only one dealing with this.
Here is my list of Top Ten Signs You Are Obsessed With “Making a Murderer”
10. You talk to people like a lawyer asking yes and no questions.
Is it true that on January 3rd you sent me a text message stating that we needed to hang out soon?
That’s all. No further questions.
9. You have bizarre dreams like that Brendan Dassey lost weight and Steven Avery married the old lady in the prison.
8. Despite hearing it 200 times you still aren’t sure you know how to pronounce or spell Manitowoc.
7. Your husband falls asleep during your rant about the case.
6. You start using a Wisconsin accent. Come on yous know you do! Yeah?
5. You want to kick off your shoes and have a chat on the couch with Dean Strang.
4. You accidentally call it Natflix instead of Netflix (this only applies if your name is Natalie. You can insert your own name).
3. Eventually you know exactly how far to fast forward to get through the ridiculously boring instrumental intro.
2. You are a part of the growing number of armchair detectives.
and the number 1 way you can tell you are obsessed with “Making a Murder”….
You blog about the top ten ways you know you are obsessed with Making a Murder.
I’ve heard so much about this, we don’t have Netflix but I know the first episode is available on YouTube so I’m definitely thinking of going that route! Sounds like I may be soon part of the obsession!
It’s so bad that yesterday I had a conference call with my friends in Michigan just so that we could discuss it. Good luck to you if you end up sucked in. 😉
Natalie this is awesome. I just finished it in three days. I’m still not sure what to believe. I watched it on Jasflix
This comment made me laugh out loud. I don’t know what to believe either, but I have repeatedly said the one thing I do know is that Brendan wasn’t telling the truth when he made up that story and he should be prosecuted for giving false information to the cops whatever the penalty for that would be. Certainly not life in prison! It’s crazy.